Martini Henry, how much?

Canadianbiggame

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
25   0   1
I am thinking about selling my martini henry, do you guys think there is a good market for this kind of firearm and how much do you think it would be worth so i don't get ripped off. If your interested in this gun feel free to send me a PM

Thanks Guys

167798_488573905815_502160815_5929681_5849087_n.jpg


167692_488573865815_502160815_5929680_3719794_n.jpg
 
hmmmm MKIII, I seem to see a lot more MkIV then MkIII

looks in good condition, the one screw I see is not buggered up, how are the internals and the bore ??

I think the Martini are $300-$600 rifles depending on condition, but thats my experience with the MkIV, a Mk III ?? more ?

In really great condition VG - Ex they will go for up to $1000, but those are the exceptions.

Bayonets for these are also expensive


You may what to ask in the Black powder forum, Or if you want I can move this thread over
 
With this little info, approximate value is hard to determine. The devil lies in the details or, in this case, in the gun's mechanical & internal condition.

It's kind of like saying: "I have a 2001 GMC Sierra for sale, how much is it worth?". Obviously, more info would be needed in order to answer that question.


Also... that MKIII looks like it might've been converted to .303 or .22... because looking at the pics, barrel thickness (at the muzzle) seems somewhat smaller than usual, but maybe it's just me? Anyway, more info would certainly help. If it's a .577-450 shooter and doesn't have a heavily pitted bore/chamber, I guess 450-500$ would be in the ballpark.
 
In original good mech shape with good bore I woudl say $700-750. Is the butt stamped/marked?

Mk III is better than Mk IV value wise IMHO. The Mk III was in Canadian service albeit not many and mostly by the clubs.
 
Many of the Canadian Mk. 3's are marked to the 5th British Columbia Regiment. "If" this is a Canadian issue it should be worth from $750.00 to $900.00 according to condition of internals as well as bore and chamber. Mk.4's were never in service here and are always priced much lower than Mk.3's. Sadly the influx of the martinis of questionable heritage and condition from countries other than Britain ot the British Commonwealth has adversely affected the price of 1st class arms of Canadian and British heritage. I look at the stampings on the receiver of this rifle and wonder if all of the numbering etc. is lined up as it should be on a "roll stamped" receiver. Selling something which has not been thoroughly checked inside and out is always a roll of the dice for the buyer. You should have disassembled it first, checked the internals and even shot it so that you could attest to those characteristics present more in depth. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom