Martini Reloading.

Bullet wise, there is a group buy currently on castboolits for the correct bullet.

Another option is paper patching up the bullets I am currently casting. They are slightly longer and close to the correct weight but they measure .450".
They are a pain in the a** to cast, but such is life.
 
You can still import shotgun shells from the US. Call up Buffalo Arms and get some 24ga brass shells (or is it 28ga? I forget.)

Then take a look through the bullet mold selection that they offer. An astounding selection to meet nearly every need.
 
24 is correct for the .577/.450 MH round.

Will Bilozir actually HAS the things!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabela's LISTS them but does not STOCK them. "Only in the US," I was told when I asked.... and they say that they CAN'T get them up from the US and have to find their own source and, really, they didn't appear very d*mned interested.

The things are made in Brazil by MAGTECH and are designed to use a LARGE PISTOL primer.

Graf's stocks them so, if you know a dealer who imports through them, there's your source.

On the other hand, Will Bilozir can be contacted through his website, bilozir.net.

Hope this helps.

(I have had 100 of these things ordered through my local shop for months and months now; Will is lookin' better all the time. He goes to gun shows, sells really pretty shotguns and other things I can't afford. The brass is relatively inexpensive at $35/25 box.)
.
 
24 gauge mag tech will work but you will need a form die to step them down witch can be ordered from CH tool and die. 24 gauge Mag. tech is easy for 577 Snider just trim to length anneal and run through the sizing die,but for 577-450 you will need a form die set .Also Bruno gross from bulls eye reloading supplies in Alberta has brass and he is usually reasonable much more than some you can usually find his # in the access to firearms 780-835-4648 He has dies and brass for lots of obsolete cartridges.
 
Find a supplier for the formed brass and buy it. If you anneal the necks after every firing they will last forever. Forming 577-450 from 24 gauge brass is an adventure you don't want. There are lots of guys in BC who will have cast bullets for the MH. If you go to the British Militaria site you will find many like minded folks to help. If I was closer and the postal rates weren't cost prohibitive I could help. Good luck. Dave
 
Bilozir is backordered until June they hope. Rayner shine in Saskatchewan had lots of 24ga brass in stock a couple of weeks ago(I don't have the ph number in front of me,but google Raner Shine Gunworks and it will come up)
 
Thanks very much everyone. I will give these sources a try. Not sure if forming from 24 gauge brass is the way I want to go but the price sure seems right!

Cheers. Steve.
 
Jerry at Mystic (banner at top-o-page) has indicated that he could order in Jammison 577-450 brass, its great brass.

but its $3-$4 ea.

I'm loading using a 45-70 bullet .458" 405grn cast and a light load of IMR 4227 with wadding.
 
Back
Top Bottom