Over 40 years ago, I made a reproduction of the ca1620 fishtailed butt musket in the collection of the Royal Ontario Museum. The Feds bought it; probably is in a National Historic Site. I'd love to know where it is, see what it looks like now, after 40 years of handling.
Tested it a bit after it was finished. Managing the burning match requires care. You have to be really careful. I was surprised at how slow ignition was, compared with a flintlock musket. The pan is a basin, with a groove leading to the touch hole. Not right up beside the barrel like a flintlock. The match would disappear behind the flash shield, and then for a moment, nothing would happen. Then woof, woosh, boom.
Sometimes I think I'd like to make another. Would like to get a set of good drawings of a Japanese musket.
Great conversation pieces, fun to take out for casual shooting.