Mauser 1871/84 reloading stuff

polaris

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
Rating - 99.7%
381   1   2
Location
Toronto
Hi guys,
I am trying to reload for my Mauser 1871/84, and am looking for brass and bullets.
There is a gentleman in Yukon who sells all the rquired components, but I lost his coordonates.
Can someone help me please?
Thanks
 
try emailing Mystic Precision , he may be able to supply the brass. The bullet mold will be the tough one. You can shoot them single shot and avoid reloading dies which are fairly pricey

cheers mooncoon
 
I got brass from Epps. Epps had the dies and shell holder. Bullets from a forum member Ben Hunchak. Was he banned? Stand up guy, WTF?

Are you going to load up smokeless or black powder?
 
Thanks for all your replies.

I got the dies and shellholder already.
I checked the bullet barn, and they seem to have bullets (tried to call, no answer).
Now I am looking for brass, at least 20, 40 would be better.

I am planning to shoot smokeless, however I would like to try Black poder as well, just for the "kick".

Did anybody try to paper patch .430 cal bullets? Could it work?
 
Cast Boolits forum has entire section on paper patching.Look it up-way too much info but when you go thru it you will know what to do or what you need.

I can lend you book "Paper Patching"and others by Paul Matthews.Just about everything I know about BP cartridge comes from them.
 
Back
Top Bottom