Maxi ball Lube recepie ??

petew

Regular
Rating - 97.4%
38   1   0
Location
Alberta
Bore butter seems to work ok in summer, and not so easy to get out of the tube in winter though. So pre lubing is a necesity for me. I like the idea of melting the lube around the bullets and cuting them out with a tube, I just don't like the cost of the bore butter. Is there a home made formula for a good lube for Maxi and Mini ball lube you can share that will stay hard in the grooves during summers warm days?
Pete
 
Tried using bore butter in the winter... didnt work well it exploded the tube. I just went to the dollar sore got a cheap tupperwear container and squished it all into the container. Much easier to use now.
 
Buy yourself a pound of beeswax and a tub of crisco or some olive oil. Heat them up and start at about 50/50 and add one or the other to get the consistency that you like.

Can easily make a couple different formula for different temp.
 
Bore butter seems to work ok in summer, and not so easy to get out of the tube in winter though. So pre lubing is a necesity for me. I like the idea of melting the lube around the bullets and cuting them out with a tube, I just don't like the cost of the bore butter. Is there a home made formula for a good lube for Maxi and Mini ball lube you can share that will stay hard in the grooves during summers warm days?
Pete

Pete,try 50/50 TC bore butter and Lee liquid alox or try what i'm in the middle of concocting, 25% lard, 25% candle wax, 20% olive oil and 5% Murphys oil soap.
Heat it up and do it the same way I posted in Tradrag.

Jamie
 
Pete,try 50/50 TC bore butter and Lee liquid alox or try what i'm in the middle of concocting, 25% lard, 25% candle wax, 20% olive oil and 5% Murphys oil soap.Heat it up and do it the same way I posted in Tradrag.

Jamie
That adds up to 75%, what is the other 25%
 
That adds up to 75%, what is the other 25%

ya just noticed that, try; 40/40 wax & lard, 15% olive oil & 5% Murphys oil soap.
Like mentioned I'm still in the middle of this concoction so this is an approximate of what I've mixerd up so far. I did up some of my Maxi-Balls with it but would like it a little harder so thats why i evened the wax/lard ratio. This is my frugal approach to making a homemade lube for under $20 bucks. Cost will go up if you use bees wax.
I can tweek this recipe to make a patch lube as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom