CarbineGirl
I think the Ideal pot depends a bunch on the bullet you are casting. Rifle (accuracy bullets ) likely will mean dipping. And attention to all the details. Pistol not so much with the fine points but more on production. An 80lb. pot is a pretty big pot and most likely unneeded . But a 10lb. pot if you are dipping big .45 or 50's you only get about a dozen bullets per lb. and your dipper is already scraping the bottom of the pot by the time the mould is up to good casting temp. Then you have to add metal and you loose control of the temp. I use a thermometer and try to keep my temp. 10 degrees F. max spread. So when dipping the big ones I use a homemade pot of about 35 or 40 lb.
heat with a cast off side burner from a BBQ. and add a couple reject bullets from time to time to control temp. The reject bullets are picked out as I am casting. They will look just fine , but I do not need to weigh them to know I made a mistake .It's kind of like good shooting you need to do it exactly the same each time. I aim for plus or minus 2 or 3 tenths of a grain with big bullets.
I now use a Master Caster for pistol bullets and it seems to work for me. But when I first started shooting cowboy action and needed a lot of bullets. I used a Lee bottom pour pot and a 6 cavity 200.grain bullet mould And had my shooting buddy feeding the pot with metal melted in a big pot and a propane turkey cooker. He would also skim and flux for me .WE could turn out a pile of bullets in an hour. I would not buy a $800.00 pot to start with, that's starting to get up to Master Caster range. go with some thing smaller and more modestly priced ,at least until you get you feet wet. The caster will develop techniques that work for them then it might be time to upgrade the equipment.