Merz Antique Firearms - $225 for shipping ?!?! - UPDATED

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
Shipping to Canada:

$225 for the first antique gun shipped to Canada. $270 for the first modern gun. Discounts apply for each additional gun in same order. Rates may vary depending on exchange rate. No returns on items shipped outside USA.


WTF? Anyone deal with them? What's up with that?
 
Last edited:
I just bought and received a non-antique Winchester from them but I went through Clay at Prophet River. The shipping from Merz was $25. I spoke with Merz last year and, at that time, they would not ship to Canada. It sounds like they are now set up to get US export permits and to do that, they have to pay an astounding fee to the US Gov't. which they are trying to recoup in their shipping.

The way around it is to have the antique shipped to a friend. I wonder if Clay at Prophet river has a reduced rate for antiques that do not require a US export permit? Either way, it is still cheaper to go through Clay than to have Merz ship direct.
 
Just an update, I'm buying a rifle from Merz and in conversing with them they have agreed to send the rifle (antique) directly to me via usps priority for about $100. They are flexible and friendly to deal with, just so you are aware. :)
 
Antiques do not require a U.S. export permit.
Complete guns and specified gun parts and accessories do.
The export permit may be against N.A.F.T.A. rules but there is no on in the Canadian government to go to bat for Canadian gun owners.
 
Back
Top Bottom