MFS 223 55gr Surplus?

MadcapMagician

Regular
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Does anyone know anything about this ammunition? MFS 223 55gr FMJ as sold on SFRC (one of the site sponsors at the top). Is it decent quality and can it be reloaded?

w ww.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_108_109&products_id=607

Anyone using it or have any experience with it?

Cheers
 
So do you think its worth buying 1000 rounds of this ammo? Im looking to get into reloading sometime in the future. Should I dish out some extra money to get some good reloadable brass right now? What do you folks think?
 
I plan to get into reloading very shortly but when i first started shooting i honestly just bought whatever i could afford to be able to shoot , firearms arent much fun sitting in the closet ;) .

If i bought something with a re loadable casing it was just an added bonus . It takes a very small amount of brass to save for a good evening of reloading .
 
I shoot MFS 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R. I love it, ya some fireballs bigger then others but very consistent shooting.


Available everywhere and decently priced, yet to clean any of my guns I shoot this stuff in.
 
It seems 55 gr 223 prices are finally benefitting from the stronger Canadian dollar. I just bought 1000 rounds of brass cased (reloadable) ammo (AE223J) for $190 per 500 from the Vancouver CGN sponsor Reliable Gun.

"AE223J .223 REM 55gr FMJ 500rd Case $189.99 $7.69 / 20rd Box IN STOCK"

At a penny a round more per 1000, it might be worth trying to locate some in your area or at least compare prices after shipping from Reliable vs theammosource.
 
Back
Top Bottom