Middlesex flint sxs shotgun

My guess is that the locks are fairly inexpensive and would probably need reworking or replacing. If you are lucky plus handy with your hands, you might find that you can replace them with slightly modified Siler or L&R locks or can swap tumblers, sears, cocks and frizzens.
I wonder how much work it would be to sand all of that nickel plating off :>(

cheers mooncoon
 
They are not chromed, the steel is just heavily polished, it will dull down after a couple years of shooting and bushwacking;)

-or you could always -french grey- her up

I have found the Indian made guns to be equal or better then the Italian ones in nearly all aspects except for the wood.

The Indian guns use a teak/mahogany....its nice but its not walnut.

I have owned a couple Indian guns and they all functioned excellent requiring no more then/ or less work then my Italian arms to make them work in the field.

Their locks usually are quite good if you get them from loyalist or middlesex.

Loyalist also do repairs and stocks parts for all their arms -unfortunately they do not carry the flintlock double.


Its indeed a handsome gun, I like it and that second shot would be a welcomed thing indeed.

I myself want one with queen Anne locks , Its a great looking arm.

A little work and you will have yourself something special.



Mark my words, Ill have one one day and after I'm done tweaking it , she will have everyone pining for one
 
Last edited:
Awww....Come on, its not so bad http://ww.middlesexvillagetrading.com/MDBF.shtml

Nothing a bit of imagination cant remedy;)

I do bloody ---hate--- the look of the reinforced hammers..

Imagine this arm with some engraving down the rib on the lock plates and trigger guard, the steel toned down "blued /browned or grayed"

Nice plain goose necked hammers of queen Anne or Germanic style

The wood with a proper dark walnut colour stain then hand rubbed with raw linseed oil....

Maybe a interesting -not too flashy- engraving on there aswell.

Its a neat thing with possibilitys limited only by its owner!







Everyone pining for one?

Not I.
Wish I could spell abomination...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom