Miniature cannons? importers?

gyppo

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Does anyone in Canada import miniature cannons?

I know Caroline supplies in AB used to bring in the Traditions kits, but they have stopped stocking them. They can still order them but with unknown wait time and price (apparently there are a lot of fees on top of the price).

I was hoping someone else might stock them. Otherwise I suppose I'll have to order one and see how long it takes. I'd be interested in the Traditions Old Ironsides in .69 cal.

B
 
There is one at Lever Arms, albeit quite expensive.

It might be listed on their site, they have had it for a number of years.

Yes, I to would be interested.

A civil war cannon or one from a ship in miniature would be awesome!
 
A few guys around here have built fully functioning full size cannons, quite literally lock, stock & barrel. I helped out with a cannon shoot just this past summer using a full scale replica of a civil war cannon, all home built (built by another CGNr). No reason a miniature cannon couldn't also be built if you are so inclined. Something to consider anyway.
 
Best place on net is Hernironworks in coeurdalene Idaho. I believe they supply Dixie gun works, Dixie drills out the spot for fuse then upcharges you a large fee. Hernironworks is very friendly. I'm going there this summer to buy mine, cause shipping is costly , thought I might as well take kids to silverwood theme park and water park, and.......come home with a cannon or two!
 
Best place on net is Hernironworks in coeurdalene Idaho. I believe they supply Dixie gun works, Dixie drills out the spot for fuse then upcharges you a large fee. Hernironworks is very friendly. I'm going there this summer to buy mine, cause shipping is costly , thought I might as well take kids to silverwood theme park and water park, and.......come home with a cannon or two!

the old iron sides and napoleon cannons dixie gun works has are made by traditions they make .50 and so called .69 cal cannons (like i said there more or less a 12ga bore size) and kits everything is already drilled and bored all you have to do is put the carriage together finish it and the barrel
 
htt p://www.lionsdenarms.com/cannons.htm. I've met the guy in person. Canadian, he knows his stuff, but talks forever if you're not careful, and won't shy away from letting you know his opinion on certain brands. The cannons he deals in are way bigger than .69 cal, but I'm sure he's got other stuff in stock. Smallest I've seen is 1 inch bore rail cannon.
 
Thanks for the replies guys.

How do the "12ga" cannons sound/feel when firing? is it much different from a 12 gauge with BP loads? Can the .73 bore guns shoot patched .69 balls from a Lee mold, or would I need to get something like a .715"?

I wouldn't go for anything bigger that .69/.73 for cost reasons, and if there wasn't much difference between these and a 12 gauge in terms of blast/noise I would probably hold off for a while until I can afford something bigger.

I gotta be honest, it's this kind of video that gave me the idea, but I get the impression this one is quite a bit bigger than a .69!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bBtkTGmLgc

B
 
I've never fired a 12ga with BP but I love my .69 cal.

k38744.jpg
 
Thanks for the replies guys.

How do the "12ga" cannons sound/feel when firing? is it much different from a 12 gauge with BP loads? Can the .73 bore guns shoot patched .69 balls from a Lee mold, or would I need to get something like a .715"?

I wouldn't go for anything bigger that .69/.73 for cost reasons, and if there wasn't much difference between these and a 12 gauge in terms of blast/noise I would probably hold off for a while until I can afford something bigger.

I gotta be honest, it's this kind of video that gave me the idea, but I get the impression this one is quite a bit bigger than a .69!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bBtkTGmLgc

B

yeah i would not know you dont hold the cannon
 
Back
Top Bottom