Model 1895 Winchester.

Regarding the The various calibers available, does the value change according to the rarity of the chamber. I was surprised to see a rifle in .303 because for some reason I thought the .303 was predominately for military use back in the day.

Thanks for your comments guys.

cheers
 
I think $500 would be minimum, I've seen some for a grand or more, this is a classic and without pics. it is impossible to be more precise.
 
A lot depends on condition and how original. Has the barrel been replaced? Is the stock changed in anyway, what type of butt plate (crescent, shotgun - if shotgun is it original Winchester)? How much bluing is left? What type of sights? Sometimes these were fitted with Lyman sights. But again, is it an original Lyman or a replica - original Lyman sights are collectable in their own right.

.303 '95 with an un-messed stock, bluing in good condition - $500+ depending on barrel/bore.
 
303BR is a difficult chambering to find in the 1895 in the US, but it is quite common up here. Make sure to check the throat of the rifle. You will find many in 303BR with the throat corroded due to the early use of corrosive black powder.
1895s are neat rifles. Good luck with it.
Matt
 
I have acquired this firearm and wonder what it may be worth. ( I am building an F-class rig and need some cash) It is in very good shape with some blue missing.
Chambered in .303.

Thanks guys

cheers

Geeze guys pics please.
Everybody has a diff idea on what "good condition" means!

"Some blueing missing" ..well assuming it's finish is worn like they usually do, & it's got all the barrel blueing & none on the reciever. I would rate it as good, valued at $550-600.
 
As stated above, it is impossible to give even a ball park figure without some good photos. For example, if the stocks have been sanded and refinished, then the collectors value is pretty much gone. Same if it has ever been buffed and reblued. Is the wood slightly proud to the metal? Are stampings crisp?
 
Back
Top Bottom