Model 62 Winchester

7mag

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Location
Kelowna
Hello! For all the Winchester fans out there... Im wondering what dictates the price of one of these rifles? Other than the obvious condition of the firearm.... I have seen them sell from $400 up to thousands? I have read that the number of ribs on the slide can have something to do with value? Serial number of the one in question is 1938xx and is 90%ish condition. They seem like really well put together rifles. Any feed back from someone who know these rifles would be great!
 
Hello,

Condition is the largest factory which dictates the potential value of the rifle. Then there is a sellers dissolution as to what he thinks it is worth which is shy you see some crazy high asking prices or "opening bids". Any alterations such as sanded wood or replaced parts drive the price down dramatically. Model 62's chambered for .22 Short only are typically a bit more valuable. The change in the slide handle style occurred in 1939, 7 years after the rifle was introduced. There is also a slight value deduction for rifles made after WW II compared to those manufactured before.

Michael
 
Hello,

Condition is the largest factory which dictates the potential value of the rifle. Then there is a sellers dissolution as to what he thinks it is worth which is shy you see some crazy high asking prices or "opening bids". Any alterations such as sanded wood or replaced parts drive the price down dramatically. Model 62's chambered for .22 Short only are typically a bit more valuable. The change in the slide handle style occurred in 1939, 7 years after the rifle was introduced. There is also a slight value deduction for rifles made after WW II compared to those manufactured before.

Michael

Thanks for the reply Michael! With your info and some from others, I know exactly what I have now!!
 
In the past I owned one of these rifles.It worked well and I bagged some rabbits with it.It is a nice rifle,but for myself ,lacks the class of the Model 1890,which is pretty much the same rifle, with an octagon barrel. The Model 62 will shoot S,L and LR cartridges interchangeably ,while the Model 1890 is cartridge specific
 
Back
Top Bottom