Modern 70+ cal muzzleloaders

about the only thing that comes close to what you want though not an inline is a pedersoli Kodiak double barrel percussion rifle in 72 cal other than that you would have to find a custom made inline
 
I think you would also have to give some thought as to the twist rate of the rifling; I suspect it would have to be based on the projectile and not the sabot that surrounds it. I think you would have a hard time finding a suitable barrel as well as a receiver large enough to accept it although break action type guns could probably be used

cheers mooncoon
 
Lots of people over here in UK more than happy to make you a +.70 cal rifle.

Not sure about the inline thing though - not exactly a tradional English gunmaker style.

Can't hurt to give them a call -

Try Boss & Co.

Holland & Holland

Churchill

Wm Evans

There's more, of course.

tac
 
I sense a custom build here based on a 12 Cooey shotgun: barrel/chamber reamed to sleeve over a new 72 cal stainless barrel set up with removable breech plug designed to handle a 209 primer. Traditional octagon barrel of course but don't forget a Picatiny rail for the red dot or scope... Maybe a muzzle brake to dissipate the smoke and reduce recoil. Folding bipod? Let the imagination run wild!!

Who's up for that challenge?
 
Last edited:
image.jpg


You could use this as a base a white tominator 12ga inline for sale in Calgary on gun post.ca
 
Last edited:
I have a 12 ha flintlock made on a modern barrel. I have thought of making another flintlock on a modern rifled slug barrel. I can't see why you couldn't use the 209 primer system or percussion system. I was thinking of using a mossberg 3 1/2 chambered barrel due to it's slightly higher pressure rating. The only way to get something over 70 and modern would be to build it. I could just make the Barrel fit my flintlock and barrels would enterchange. Ideas on the drawing board are fun. Anyone have a barrel they would like to donate to the cause.
 
I have a buddy who builds his own custom muzzleloaders from scratch. I think im going to talk to him about building a bigger one for me as a winter project. The cooey suggestion sparked an interest
 
Back
Top Bottom