Modern double-barelled flintlock rifles... Do they exist?

Pics of the double jaeger

Jaeger20kit20007.jpg

Jaeger20kit20006.jpg
 
i would love to see TC make a modern 50cal sxs rifles for deer amd mooses hunting . i just got to have the second shot well in are controled hunt DUTCH
 
That is exactly what you are looking for 762. What a great hunting tool. I still think the smooth bore/rifled bore combo would be more useful over all though.
 
Potential problems?

I've had extensive experience shooting an Indian made Chaleville. I purchased it with no touch hole so after having this taken care of I proof tested it with a double ball 140 grain load. It was secured to a spare tire and a long lanyard was used to set it off. Big kaboom and lots of smoke but that was it. I fired that gun without a hitch for 3 years and the only thing that gave me trouble was the frizzen that needed to be treated as it lost its spark. The lock was still crisp and tight when I passed it on to another shooter.Darn I miss that thing! So don't believe what you "hear". I would buy another Indian gun with no hesitation.

Cheers. Steve.



some folks speculate that there are some potential problems with the middlesex village guns! something about them being made in india, and the steel in the barrels being not up to snuff, and bulging when fired! thats what has kept me away fromt hem, but then again, i have never seen one in person, of fired one! so it might just be some black powder snobs rummor!
 
Back
Top Bottom