I've been shooting some C&B Uberti replica 1858's for the past year and enjoying them immensely. Now I'm jonesing for a long arm that uses black powder. And maybe I'm looking for trouble but I'm leaning strongly to going right back to the early days and getting a flintlock.
I've seem the TC guns but somehow I'm of the opinion that it needs to be a full length of wood to more faithfully copy the old guns. I'm looking at some options including those available from http://www.militaryheritage.com/muskets.htm . I'm wondering what other suppliers of historically accurate flintlocks there may be in Canada that deal with other than the nice but higher price Pedersoli offerings. Or at $600'ish as I setting myself up for a dissapointment in terms of quality by looking at the cheaper offerings?
I've seem the TC guns but somehow I'm of the opinion that it needs to be a full length of wood to more faithfully copy the old guns. I'm looking at some options including those available from http://www.militaryheritage.com/muskets.htm . I'm wondering what other suppliers of historically accurate flintlocks there may be in Canada that deal with other than the nice but higher price Pedersoli offerings. Or at $600'ish as I setting myself up for a dissapointment in terms of quality by looking at the cheaper offerings?


















































