Modern fowlers

brybenn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Location
southern ontario
Ive seen alot of old percussion fowlers coming to market lately but their condition is fair to poor at best. However i have an urge to buy one. Does anyone know of a modern version fowler type shotgun? Ive found a few that were custom made and cost a few thousand. Im nit interested in anything that high in price.
Id be willing to look at a good complete condition safe to fire used one as well if anyone knows where to find one
 
Try Ellwood Epps. I haven’t seen any new ones there but they usually have some nice ones for less then a 1,000.
 
This is one of my favourite BP shotguns made by Investarms ,they were also marketed by Euroarms and called the magnum cape gun.Investarms actually still make this gun in shotgun and in rifled barreled version as well but for some reason they won t export them to North America any more

image.jpg


image.jpg


Pedersoli makes their flint mortimer fowler in percussion form Marstar has one in stock though it goes for $1450
 
Last edited:
There are some percussion doubles, as well as the new Pedersoli flint double.
Singles, not so much.

I have the stock from one of the guns as pictured by chasseur. Thought I might assemble a gun if I ever tripped over a barrel. Heavy breech on these, about 1 1/4 across the flats. Interestingly, there is a steel slug in the butt for purpose of balance.

It shouldn't be that hard to find a shootable original.
 
TC use to make the new Englander in 12ga.I also have one of the pedersoli baker shotguns the version with back action locks and the single trigger,it is in 12ga and it a real nice gun for bird hunting though I mainly use it for rabbits and the single trigger is much easier to use with gloves
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom