Modified .44-40 brass

cyclone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
.

So a bit of an odd question for you lovely folks... :yingyang:



I found a pile of modified .44-40 brass in my "reloading for antique revolvers" stash, but I cannot seem to remember what it's for!.... :redface:



The modified brass is shorter than .44 Russian casings, and I'm pretty sure the rim may have been thinned: any ideas? And, as always, thanks in advance!... :canadaFlag:
 
probably for a .44 webley or .44 american bulldog caliber.

These are outside lubricated heeled bullet cartridges if I'm not mistaken? Therefore they should be narrow cases compared to most regular 44's.
44-40 is a necked case and the base diameter is similar to a 45LC.
I'm not familiar with the whole family of British 450 and 455 cases but that seems plausible. The description really sounds like my 11mm cases though.
 
These are outside lubricated heeled bullet cartridges if I'm not mistaken? Therefore they should be narrow cases compared to most regular 44's.
44-40 is a necked case and the base diameter is similar to a 45LC.
I'm not familiar with the whole family of British 450 and 455 cases but that seems plausible. The description really sounds like my 11mm cases though.

I had an American Bulldog. Great pistol; Belgian, but a darn nice pistol none-the-less. Similar to a 44-40, but a touch bigger. A 44-40 round would 'click' in the chamber if you spun your wrist and stopped short. No real documented good stuff on it's cartridge ( mine of course ), sort of vague IIRC.
My 2 cents anyhow. Cheers
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom