Moisture and 777 pellets.

GRiNGo

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Location
Meadow Lake, SK
Hello I have a TC prohunter and I was grouping consistent 1 3/4 inch groups, the next year it was all over the place. I bought new powder as a friend of mine said the same thing happened to him and all is well again. My question is I have put the pellets (case and all) int a large zip lock bag with a 1/2 pound of desiccant. Will it reverse its bad ways and return to normal, or is it a waste of time to dry it out?

Thanks for your input,
Chad
 
Last edited:
As with any powder for firearms they are designed to burn at a specific rate. The powder you were using, if damp, was burning just slightly slower causing you to push or pull slightly off target as it burned. We all know this waver is magnified downrange. Powder can be dried though! And the desiccant will pull the moisture out. Just how much drying does your powder need to return to the manufacturers specifications though? For the cost of new powder, dispose of the old.
 
Back
Top Bottom