Mowery Muzzleloaders

Steel frame versions are better than the brass frame ones as the tumbler for the hammer has a tendency to wear thru the brass frame.O ther than that they are good guns
 
I just bought a brass frame, modern version. I believe they originated in the mid-late 1800's and those were steel frames. A company in Texas re-introduced them mid 1900's at least in brass frame and maybe steel too but not sure on that. Apparently they were reliable and accurate, if not a bit homely looking compared to a Hawken or longrifle. Mine is still enroute so have not had a chance to shoot it yet.
 
I don't recall the tumbler being supported by a bridle and was not very impressed with their internal design in general. On the outside, they seemed to shoot OK and have seen a couple or so here on the Island

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom