Muskets from India

lyman54

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
I should be getting that P53 smoothbore Enfield from TOTW soon. Being smoothbored it's not an accurate repro but I don't care, already got a good rifled sidelock. Indian guns are sold by many companies, so was wondering if anyone had experiance with them. I don't expect something perfect, just good and safe enough to shoot and have some fun. Maybe some shot loads for small game.
 
I have a couple of them. They are not exact replicas, but they're getting better. I have haven't had any problems with fit, finish or safety. Smoothbores can be very accurate. Measure the bore diameter and find a round ball that is closest to it. Use an over powder wad then the round ball and a stopper wad to pack on top. Most of the top round ball shooters use this method. The most rewarding hunting experience I've had is hunting grouse with my Brown Bess flintlock:)
 
I have a gunfrom loyalist arms, french fusil de chasse,smooth 62cal flint, thing shoots very well,with shot and patch balls, check out loyalist arms ontheir site, contact blair higgins, he is a really gd guy, stands behindwhat he sells, ill be hunting with it tomorrow,1st day grouse season,no worries, buy one bud, look inexchange of muzzleloaders,there was a french officersfusil, i believe members name is weapontech, check it out, its nice for his price
 
Back
Top Bottom