While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Whats everyone using for wadding and over shot stock? Ideally id like to play with buckshot.
I have a couple paper wasp nests but not sure if it would hold tight during recoil
You need over powder card wads, cushion wads and overshot wads.
Suppliers like Circlr Fly, Blue and Grey, Ballistic products, etc.
Will Bilozir had some supplies in stock. He does the gun shows in Western Canada and is located just S of Calgary.
You will need to find out your bore diameter to ensure tight enough wad fit - some 12 gauge need 11 gauge wads to fit tight enough.
A friend made me up a cutter from a short length of barrel to use on drill press of exactly correct diameter for my 10 ga. gun. I glue up heavy cardboard into thicker sheets (not corrugated, just dense paper board) and make my nitro cards and overshot cards. The cushion wads can be made from thick felt like from boots (if you can find it), but the price for 500 factory-made is I think $15. They can be lubricated to reduce fouling and make better seal.
The shipping is the killer unless you're ordering other items as well.
Cushion wads look to be made from 1/2 inch compressed fibre board - used to be called Donnaconna or Beaver board. Ceiling tiles look to be the same material. You could cut a pile of wads out of one tile if you had a good cutter.
In my replica blunderbuss I used Circle Fly 9 gauge fiber wads and 9 gauge over shot cards. No problem with any shot loads in this ten gauge. Sourced through Track of the Wolf.
For a 12ga a 3/4" punch from Princess Auto is very cost effective compared to the price of wads.
Over powder cards cut from thick cardboard mat board or binder covers.
Cushion wads from ceiling tiles, felt insole, fiber board.
Over shot cards from cereal box or similar.
Lubing the cushion wads with crisco (can be mixed with beeswax to harden) makes cleaning easier too.
Cushion wads look to be made from 1/2 inch compressed fibre board - used to be called Donnaconna or Beaver board. Ceiling tiles look to be the same material. You could cut a pile of wads out of one tile if you had a good cutter.
I tried making a wad cutter that is spun by my drill press but Donna Conna board separates from friction when I use it. I think that cushion wads have to be punched out of ceiling tiles rather than cut by a spinning cutter. The muzzle loading commercial cushion wads that I use seem to be soaked in something like lanolin
I load black powder cartridge shells but my buddy bought some adapters to turn an ordinary break action into a muzzleloader. They take 209 shotgun primers. Hes asked me to play around with them to see how they work. The goal is buckshot for close range shots while dogging deer during the controlled hunts. The only instructions with then states not for use with slugs.