MVA Creedmoor mounts on Pedersoli Sharps rifle.

tacfoley

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bear with me, Gentlemen. I'm having a really hard time making my requirements clear to that fine and famous company down there in Montana. I want to buy a set of their Creedmoor-style scope mounts for a buddy's Pedersoli Sharps rifle, and I'm having no luck at all trying to contact them by phone [I live in the yUK most of the year].

Anybody here done it? What blocks? Dovetail front and block rear?

Even with email, I just don't seem to be able to 'connect' with whoever is responding. Like I'm writing in Lithuanian using a Welsh dictionary. Surely I can't be the only person in the world to make such a request?

TIA.

tac
 
My MVA scopes all have screw on blocks. I can't imagine that wouldn't work with your Pedersoli. On my Sharps rifles I run the 23" scope with their standard blocks. I've only shot the 23" scope to 600 yards, but there is a ton of elevation left. Certainly enough for 1000 yards. I haven't shot less than 200m so can't say if I could get a 100m zero, but I think so.

I hope that's useful to you.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that my Sharps rifles are C. Sharps and Shiloh, but it really shouldn't matter. The scope blocks will still work unless you have a dovetail in the way.

Chris.
 
Last edited:

Sure they do. He has the Pedersoli-provided long scope - an expensive POC, and the mounts, too, another two expensive POC. The scope is permanently out of focus with more fringing than Buffalo Bill's fancy weskit, and the mounts won't tighten enough to hold up the scope.

Hence the change-over t something better.

tac
 
Since you are calling from the UK it may be possible that your caller ID shows up differently and as a result they may assume that it is a scam call and do not answer. Try sending a fax???
 
Back
Top Bottom