I have an unused MVA mid-range vernier tang sight that I was going to use on my Shiloh '74 Business Rifle. Currently, the rifle wears a C. Sharps mid-range vernier tang.
Nothing wrong with the C. Sharps product, but you get a limited view of the staff graduations through a 'window'. Wit the MVA product, you get to see the full range of graduations on the staff.
The reason I haven't made the switch is that the MVA has the large knob of the pivot screw on the right side. I'm concerned that this might give my thumb a rap as I carry it alongside the base of the sight when I shoot.
It isn't a matter of simply reversing the screw as it only has threads on one side.
Any of you using an MVA vernier tang sight care to give me some input?
Nothing wrong with the C. Sharps product, but you get a limited view of the staff graduations through a 'window'. Wit the MVA product, you get to see the full range of graduations on the staff.
The reason I haven't made the switch is that the MVA has the large knob of the pivot screw on the right side. I'm concerned that this might give my thumb a rap as I carry it alongside the base of the sight when I shoot.
It isn't a matter of simply reversing the screw as it only has threads on one side.
Any of you using an MVA vernier tang sight care to give me some input?


















































