Ok well last thread got nuked because of to many B.S Posts so back up she goes.
I dont want to know the Value its not for sale so forget that right from the start.
I got the gun home now so have had a chance to go over it and its a beauty but i dont know if its factory reblued tho its a pretty good job the ser # in the 23000s is very sharp and clear as are all the markings the barrel just has Colt on its left side its a custom barrel the bore is ex.
Its a very nice gun locks up good and works Ex in DA and SA.
I dont care if its factory reblued or not or just a good job by some gunsmith its still and intresting gun.
I bought that Bianchi Holster for it today at a local gun store it fits the 3.5 inch barrel perfect.
The gun loves this holster its a perfect fit.
I got them 41 long colt bullets in the picture with the gun + a RCBS 4 Die set i never had a 4 die set for anything before not sure what that extra die does ?
Some bullets are lubed and HB others are heeled FB no lube yet.
All in all its a sweet unit. lotsa empty once fired and new cases just need to get her out shootin now
I have a pics of the inards and will post that later looks new inside.
Anyway there was a few guys intrested in this gun as there not a heck of alot of 1889s converted to 1892s so im starting another thread so they can see the gun.
going by the ser # in the 23000s its in the 1889 range so its been converted to a 1892 upgrade somewhere some how.
enjoy the pics.
I dont want to know the Value its not for sale so forget that right from the start.
I got the gun home now so have had a chance to go over it and its a beauty but i dont know if its factory reblued tho its a pretty good job the ser # in the 23000s is very sharp and clear as are all the markings the barrel just has Colt on its left side its a custom barrel the bore is ex.
Its a very nice gun locks up good and works Ex in DA and SA.
I dont care if its factory reblued or not or just a good job by some gunsmith its still and intresting gun.
I bought that Bianchi Holster for it today at a local gun store it fits the 3.5 inch barrel perfect.
The gun loves this holster its a perfect fit.
I got them 41 long colt bullets in the picture with the gun + a RCBS 4 Die set i never had a 4 die set for anything before not sure what that extra die does ?
Some bullets are lubed and HB others are heeled FB no lube yet.
All in all its a sweet unit. lotsa empty once fired and new cases just need to get her out shootin now
I have a pics of the inards and will post that later looks new inside.
Anyway there was a few guys intrested in this gun as there not a heck of alot of 1889s converted to 1892s so im starting another thread so they can see the gun.
going by the ser # in the 23000s its in the 1889 range so its been converted to a 1892 upgrade somewhere some how.
enjoy the pics.
Last edited:


















































