My first antique handgun.

sans-titre_zpsmfgqfqfq.png
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Thank for this info.


No worries; just remember that the .454-friendly diameter of the .45 Long Colt die is more sympatico with the .455 cartridge than is the .452 of the .45 ACP die, at least in the Classic Lee Loader.


Ironically, the .45 ACP Kit's "powder scoop" is far more suited to reloading for the .455!
 
Either way, save your brass! :yingyang:

A "Classic Lee Loader" in .45 Long Colt (plus a mallet, primers, bullets, and powder) is all the reloading equipment you need for low-volume .455 shooting.... :wave:

Would a Classic Lee Loader be good to load the 450 Adams, same size case except shortened at .69 incn instead of .760 for the 455 MK11 for black powder reloads.
 
Would a Classic Lee Loader be good to load the 450 Adams, same size case except shortened at .69 incn instead of .760 for the 455 MK11 for black powder reloads.

the 45 colt is 1.285" so it should handle the 450 adams as far as length goes. the 45 neck size is wider than both the adams and webley but if people are using those dies for the webley it should work for the adams as it is wider in width than the web. I guess it would depend on the cylinder you put it in. I use webley dies for my 455.
 
the 45 colt is 1.285" so it should handle the 450 adams as far as length goes. the 45 neck size is wider than both the adams and webley but if people are using those dies for the webley it should work for the adams as it is wider in width than the web. I guess it would depend on the cylinder you put it in. I use webley dies for my 455.

Would the Webley dies handle the 450.
 
I have loaded .450 with my .455 dies.
My RICs will not accept .455 Mk. II cases; they need to be trimmed slightly.
 
I am using 3Gr of Bullseye for a 250Gr load in mine (use at own risk) what is everyone using for powder/load? 455 webley load using 455 brass
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom