Hi, I've always held an interest in flintlock muskets, and seeing as it is the 200th anniversary of the start of the war of 1812, I've decided that this year I will finaly indulge my interest.
I've just begun to read throught the mountain of information associated with flintlock muskets. Wow. Who knew that a 300 year old piece of technology could have so many intricacies. Smooth lock, #### angle, frizzen hardness etc, etc.
I've decied that I want a Land pattern musket, third pattern (India pattern Brown Bess). Now that I have that HUGE decision out of the way. I have some questions to start me down the road to musket ownership.
From what I ahve been able to gleen from reading a lot of other posts, there are several retailers who have flinktlocks and all the accessories needed. I am going to list them and what I have learned about their product, and I would like all of you to let me know if it is correct or wrong, and add any input.
Loyalist Arms - They have muskets, rifles and bayonets, leather goods, but no shooting supplies. Their muskets come with the frizzen hardened and the touch hole drilled. They have good quality, accuratly made repoductions.
Track of the Wolf - They have a good variety of muskets, rifle and bayonets, plus all of the associated shoot supplies. They ship to Canada, but I don't know if their guns are 'ready to fire' (IE do I need to harden the frizzen and have a touch hole drilled?) A lot of Civil war items.
Military Heritage - Again good variety of muskets and bayonets of good quality and made accuratly. They also have leather goods (a little more expensive then Loyalist) The muskets have their frizzens hardend, but the touch hole is not drilled.
Lion's Den Arms - Again, they appear to have good quality and accuratly made muskets and bayonets. They also have accessories for the musket, but no shooting supply.
Now you guys tell me if I am right or wrong with the above statements.
Thanks
I've just begun to read throught the mountain of information associated with flintlock muskets. Wow. Who knew that a 300 year old piece of technology could have so many intricacies. Smooth lock, #### angle, frizzen hardness etc, etc.
I've decied that I want a Land pattern musket, third pattern (India pattern Brown Bess). Now that I have that HUGE decision out of the way. I have some questions to start me down the road to musket ownership.
From what I ahve been able to gleen from reading a lot of other posts, there are several retailers who have flinktlocks and all the accessories needed. I am going to list them and what I have learned about their product, and I would like all of you to let me know if it is correct or wrong, and add any input.
Loyalist Arms - They have muskets, rifles and bayonets, leather goods, but no shooting supplies. Their muskets come with the frizzen hardened and the touch hole drilled. They have good quality, accuratly made repoductions.
Track of the Wolf - They have a good variety of muskets, rifle and bayonets, plus all of the associated shoot supplies. They ship to Canada, but I don't know if their guns are 'ready to fire' (IE do I need to harden the frizzen and have a touch hole drilled?) A lot of Civil war items.
Military Heritage - Again good variety of muskets and bayonets of good quality and made accuratly. They also have leather goods (a little more expensive then Loyalist) The muskets have their frizzens hardend, but the touch hole is not drilled.
Lion's Den Arms - Again, they appear to have good quality and accuratly made muskets and bayonets. They also have accessories for the musket, but no shooting supply.
Now you guys tell me if I am right or wrong with the above statements.
Thanks


















































