Cool! Looks like it has nice sharp edges. Overall pretty nice condition. You're lucky.
Those grips I believe were only issued in 1892 (as well as an 1894 version), so they are probably not original if the age of the gun is correct.
If they are original the serial number will be scribed by hand into each under side.
lots of guys do that when they install repo grips also.
Very nice looking Colt! Those grips look pretty cherry to me though... But with that much original nickel left, I guess it's quite possible. Hope that thing didn't break the bank...

I think its time I bought an Colt 1892, should start looking, your pictures renewed my interest in them. Or maybe I'll buy a mle 1873/74... oh the choices.
i love them. i like shooting them much more then my colt saa.
they are Real hard to find in shooting shape. out of 10 that i buy maybe one or two will be a good shooter. all others will need work.
The swing out cylinder is a nice advancement in tech. for the time period but compared the the '92 lebel, which has the same feature, they're just not in the same league in fit and finish and if I had to take one into battle it would be the French revolver, hands down. IMHO
Yes realy but, well gee D, I guess you would know.
All I know is the half doz frenchies I own give me no prob. The three very nice colts I own on the other hand are delicate, fussy and a pain.
No one said anything about stopping power. Neither have enough for me thanks very much, I'll stay with a 1911 for that.



























