My M305 Reborn

Undergiver

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Here is my M305 with my homemade syn stock, first coated it with Truck bed liner, then primer, then several coats of rustoleum textured paint. Came out pretty nice for it being a wooden stock underneath.

DSCF0237.jpg


DSCF0238.jpg
 
Thats very impressive...looks really sharp !
You should go into business doing work like that, if I tried doing something like that , It'd turn out crappy. Nice job!!
 
Kevan said:
Thats very impressive...looks really sharp !
You should go into business doing work like that, if I tried doing something like that , It'd turn out crappy. Nice job!!

It's not hard to do, you just have to be patient and take your time.
 
Well done, if you hadn't told us it was wood underneath we wouldn't have known. Application appears very even.:cool:
I love black rifles!
 
Wow! That looks fantastic! But damn.. that sets the bar pretty high - I had lower expectations for my own refinishing job (but that is exactly the end result I'll be looking for now).

Is that an original Norinco chu wood stock under there? (or USGI?)

If you do another one, and/or have the time - a step by step procedure would be greatly appreciated (with pics would be even better).

/grayrc
 
grayrc said:
Wow! That looks fantastic! But damn.. that sets the bar pretty high - I had lower expectations for my own refinishing job (but that is exactly the end result I'll be looking for now).

Is that an original Norinco chu wood stock under there? (or USGI?)

If you do another one, and/or have the time - a step by step procedure would be greatly appreciated (with pics would be even better).

/grayrc

It's original Norinco wood, so I wasn't worried if i screwed it up.

and to answer "polarman" It was all spray on,
Duplicolor Truck bed liner- Kylon grey primer- Rustoelum textured paint.
 
Well I've picked up the truck bed liner and primer as described.

The truck bed liner was a bit tricky to apply as it bubbled in places....but it looked cool when I did a couple layers....was tempted to leave as is.....but then added the grey primer....now it looks fugly, but am waiting to get my hands on some textured Rustoleum to finish it off. Couldn't find any at Walmart or Canadian Tire...will look some more.

How does the textured paint work when you layer it? Any special technique?

thanks!
 
Mattrob said:
Well I've picked up the truck bed liner and primer as described.

The truck bed liner was a bit tricky to apply as it bubbled in places....but it looked cool when I did a couple layers....was tempted to leave as is.....but then added the grey primer....now it looks fugly, but am waiting to get my hands on some textured Rustoleum to finish it off. Couldn't find any at Walmart or Canadian Tire...will look some more.

How does the textured paint work when you layer it? Any special technique?

thanks!

After you apply the Truck bed liner, you need to sand it smooth, then apply the primer. The textured paint goes on like any other paint, let it dry between coats. I used the whole can when I did my M305.

If you can't find it at Wal-Mart, try Home Depot
SRMtsAirSpL.jpg

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=31
 
Last edited:
Thanks...the tips are great.

So far been to two Wal-marts and one Can Tire and all out of the right paint....

oh well.....patience is a virtue.
 
Undergiver said:
Here is my M305 with my homemade syn stock, first coated it with Truck bed liner, then primer, then several coats of rustoleum textured paint. Came out pretty nice for it being a wooden stock underneath.

Nice work!

Question: How would you rate the durability of the finished product? Will it resist scratches, etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom