My Merwin Hulbert came today (pics)

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
Well it takes something intresting to get me excited in a gun theses days and this Merwin & Hulbert has done that.
Its a beauty nice and tight. has a very good bore the best part is i bought it not knowing if it was and orignal M&H or some Copy of a M&H.
The guy said there was no markings but i found part of the Merwin Hulbert roll address left on the barrel top.
Its a very rare gun being chambered in the 44 S&W Cartridge to ;)
I can see why guys like Earp and other gunslingers of the time period took to theses M&Hs as there just amazeing how they all hook together.
The grips are very old Ivory to.
this gun will shoot 44 Special to.
I was gona shorten the barrel to look like the gun does in the second picture but theres no way i can cut down this barrel the guns to rare to do that.
Will just have to wait till i find a parts gun with a shorter barrel.




zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaws.jpg


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzklj.jpg


zzzzzzzzzzzzzmjk.jpg


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzawsd.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow! An extremely nice piece! I once watched an NRA presentation on antique guns and this gun was one of the main topics on the show, because of the ingenuity of its' design. I'll see if I can track down the video stream again...

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKe0weSyIjU


Excellent find... and btw, I really like the long barrel you've got on it. Makes it look a lot more desirable than a 4-incher (kind of like a regular Webley vs. a Webley-Green.. longer = better). :p

Congratulations! As usual, you have found a truly great piece of iron!

:)
 
I took it out today put 30 Rds of factory 44 Sp winchester Cowboy ammo thru it ands she shoots great :cool:
Its shooting abit high but i was only shooting at 15 yds. i could hit and apple every shot, i shot 4 shots into 2.5 inch group. at 45 yds it will be about 3 inchs high.
That Factory 44 Sp ammo is loaded to the same specs as 44 Russian smokeless loads. the gun handles that no problem.
guys on CGN Load the 44 Russian ammo hotter than that 44 sp winchester cowboy ammo.
The Ejector system works great.
very fast to unload but like a SAA Colt or Remington 1875 to reload.
I like theses guns, there just fun to shoot.

That is a cool Vid 762mm its nice to see the guns on a vid like that.
I should be recording all the shooting im doing of theses old rare antiques in action i bet people would like to watch that to.
 
Last edited:
Nice! I've never even had a chance to handle an M-H in the flesh but they're super cool guns. Definately take some recordings of shooting, I'd watch 'em.
 
Back
Top Bottom