My New Old Toy

88 man

Regular
GunNutz
Rating - 100%
418   0   0
Location
Grafton Ont
I picked this old girl up a couple weeks ago.It was missing parts and have since found everything but the forend,trap door butplate and dust cover.I might get lucky finding the missing parts from the estate I bought it from but not holding my breath on it.It's a 1st model Winchester 1873 44-40 made in 1877 with serial # just below 20,000.I'm going to have some fun with it when it's all together and hopefully if I can find the needed parts will take it deer hunting this fall !
Hope you enjoy

100_1581_zps37d3093c.jpg

100_1580_zpsab4c8119.jpg

100_1579_zps7472896b.jpg

100_1578_zps074bcfa8.jpg
 
Nice old rifle. Parts for the 73 are hard to find and when you do they are expensive. I have been looking for parts for a 73 saddle ring carbine for a while now. Good luck in the search.
 
I have a few 73 parts Ed. I am pretty sure I don't have what you need, but I will take a look. Be nice if you could get her in working order for a hunt this fall. First model 73s are pretty scarce indeed. Good luck putting her back in shape. Imagine she would have a story or two to tell!
Matt
 
Back
Top Bottom