Mystery antique revolver restoration (video)

762mm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Found this in my YouTube recommended videos. What kind of a Webley clone is this?

There are Phillips screws, an off-center drilled smooth bore and a bunch of things sticking out of it that look out of place... no markings other than a huge serial number on side of barrel. After cleaning, the only markings apparent are two dots separated by a vertical bar, like this . | .

Khyber pass or someone's garage project, perhaps?

 
Last edited:
Just watched this the other day as well, first thought was maybe one of the .32 webleys made in India.

I see the channel is located in Pakistan though so ,maybe one of the "shops" out there is making these?
 
Last edited:
Looks like they rusted it up just for the video. And without a blueing job or plating it'll look all rusty again soon enough. Hated the new grips.
But it sure was shiny. Nicepaperweight.
 
Could be a Webley 200 - 38 there a big discrepancy in the video when he pulled the double action at the end the barrel doesn't turn so it's not functional.
 
I could easily be wrong but I don't think either Pakistan or India made Webly revolvers. They may have made copies of the later Enfield pistols which were based on the Webly design as per the hinged frame. I like the Enfield design and that pistol appears to be an Enfield. The screws are likely an upgrade done by Bubba.

I have an Enfield pistol with a smooth bore barrel. It came out of the US back in the early eighties. It was purpose converted from a likely as new pistol as a cheap and handy snake killer, utilizing the shot cartridges that were available back then.

That off center bore almost leads me to believe it one of the hand made "Darrah or Khyber Pass" products

I haven't seen that type of safety before. Very effective and efficient

That young craftsman was extremely innovative and proficient with the use of rudimentary tools. I must say his results were impressive at the very least. Artistic as well.

He would do well with the street gangs in Toronto/Winnepeg/Vancouver.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom