mystery proofs on a belgian pocket revolver - lots of pics

braun

Regular
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
Ontario
I recently picked up this Belgian copy of a velodog in .320 revolver. It bears the crowned ELG mark and the crowned R, dating it to post-1894. It is also marked with a spangled H and crowned C in several places, inspector's marks from what I've read.

A few of the marks are still a mystery to me: I've searched through littleguns.be and the lists of proofs and maker's marks at damascus-barrels.com/bp.html and I can't find a few of them - maybe someone has seen some of these?

velodog001.jpg



I assume this is a maker's mark:
proof-GGZinopenoval.jpg



Could these be factory or batch marks?
proof-AMand1onframebutt.jpg

proof-ADonframebutt.jpg



And finally, I can't really make much out of this, I see a crown above some letters (BP? BE?) as well as a "6" and some characters that are slightly obscured by pitting:
proof-unknowngrouponframebutt.jpg


Anyone have any ideas?
 
Last edited:
That last one, crown over LE or LG - Liege proofmark of some kind?

Any on the back of the cylinder?

Could be, every time I look at it I can see different letters....

There's nothing on the back of the cylinder. Haven't taken it apart yet, maybe there's something on the internals...
 
Back
Top Bottom