Weapontech
CGN frequent flyer
- Location
- On my way to Hell in a handbasket
One of the Snider Cadets I picked up as of late has an interesting bubba'd part that I noticed as I was doing the pre-fire tear-down & inspection.
Overall, the rifle is in great shape, I am certainly happy with another Snider in the barn; I have a feeling it will make a great shooter. On initial inspection, I noticed that the firing pin was a little small compared to the others I've had.
Then once I took it apart, voila!
What a great way to use a couple of nails. Not sure if this was an expedient repair, or something to make it "look" like it was supposed to. Regardless, they seem to be functional, and would fire the cartridge if used. An interesting arrangement to say the least!
Off to the lathe to make another firing pin!
Overall, the rifle is in great shape, I am certainly happy with another Snider in the barn; I have a feeling it will make a great shooter. On initial inspection, I noticed that the firing pin was a little small compared to the others I've had.
Then once I took it apart, voila!
What a great way to use a couple of nails. Not sure if this was an expedient repair, or something to make it "look" like it was supposed to. Regardless, they seem to be functional, and would fire the cartridge if used. An interesting arrangement to say the least!
Off to the lathe to make another firing pin!
Last edited:


















































