This rifle was my father's. He brought it back from Algeria where he fought from 1958-60. It's an example of the type of weapon the FLN used against the French and I recently had it restored as it had spent the past 50 years in sheds, basements and the like. All we know is that it's a .22 long, and I'm guessing dates back to the late 19th century judging from the hexoganal cross section of the barrel. Also, given the location it was retrieved, I'm guessing it is of French or Italian construction.
I'm trying to identify the make and model. There is what appears to be a barely discernable manufacturer's stamp on the side of the receiver cover, and I can't make out what is says
Can anyone figure this one out?
I'm trying to identify the make and model. There is what appears to be a barely discernable manufacturer's stamp on the side of the receiver cover, and I can't make out what is says

Can anyone figure this one out?


















































