Nanaimo Rendezvous

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
Below are a few photos from our rendezvous this past weekend. In addition to the usual trail walks for rifle, smoothbore, pistol and hawk and knife, we had fun events including fort shoots on both Saturday and Sunday plus a mini cannon shoot on Saturday evening.

The fort shoot is a timed event with teams of 3 who had to shoot the evil bowling pins and were warned not to shoot themselves in the foot (add 15 seconds to time) and not to shoot their horses (add 15 seconds)

The mini cannon is for muzzle loading canons under 1" bore and because sitting ducks are well known for being easy to shoot, that is what the target was enjoy

cheers mooncoon













 
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.. Great pics. Looks like a blast. (Pardon the pun) . Fort Whoop Up is my club I attend in Lethbridge.. The reputation of the original fort must be well known.
Leroy
 
Thanks for sharing.. Great pics. Looks like a blast. (Pardon the pun) . Fort Whoop Up is my club I attend in Lethbridge.. The reputation of the original fort must be well known.
Leroy

What I found a bit amusing about the real Fort is that because I gather the river has been moving towards the original fort, it is now located under a high dirt bank, as in excellent for shooting down into the fort :>)

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom