Nanaimo turkey shoot

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
I had a good time at the turkey shoot in Nanaimo today --- even got lucky and won a couple with my 38-55 trapdoor. Weather was not bad; no rain and no snow and the rams fell as long as you hit them.
Come on local gunnutz; don't be bashful most of the turkeys were won with old Lee Enfields and Winchester 94s and similar
As long as we get 6 people we will be happy to run a match specifically for muzzle loaders

cheers mooncoon
 
Shortage

Well....I tried Mooncoon, but every black powder shooter I brought decided to bring a center fire. They just don't make black powder shooters like they used to Ha! Oh by the way, I'll be putting in lots of practice. Wait till next time!
So, maybe you could give some mention to how big a success the Nanaimo turkey shoot was. This could provide some incentive to other CGN members.

Cheers. Steve.
 
Well....I tried Mooncoon, but every black powder shooter I brought decided to bring a center fire. They just don't make black powder shooters like they used to Ha! Oh by the way, I'll be putting in lots of practice. Wait till next time!
So, maybe you could give some mention to how big a success the Nanaimo turkey shoot was. This could provide some incentive to other CGN members.

I think I need to practice with a muzzle loader and use that next year; I was feeling lazy and did not want to clean the gun this year :>( Anyway we certainly enjoyed seeing the upisland group and thank you all for coming.
For the benefit of the others, I ran 39 matches on the rifle range, over the two days of the shoot and that equals 39 turkeys (or hams,bacons or chickens by winners choice). We had one young shooter (about 10 years old) tie one of the best shooters on the island in one of the 22 matches (squirrel target).
I have not heard the report from the shotgun crowd but would expect they ran in the range of 120 - 150 matches/turkeys plus archery and the roulette wheel in the clubhouse plus the turkey boards (most pellets in a circle). We normally give out something in the range of 700 turkeys/hams etc over the weekend
Also a reminder that on the rifle range we have a 2 turkey limit per day per event so that one good shooter does not take home all of the turkeys.
Range photos are from 2008

cheers mooncoon

TurkeyShoot.jpg


RifleRange.jpg


40calSquirrel-1.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom