Nazi 9mm Ammo

I read in "Death was Our Companion" that the steel casings were used because of brass shortages later in the war. In the Mauser rifles, the laquered steel caused jams and was difficult to extract and it turned MG34s and 42's into single use only guns (then you'd have to replace the barrel after one burst).

I wonder what made some of the steel casings useful and others useless. Then again they produced 7.62x39 in steel and it seems to work fine. I wonder why.
 
I see alot of the wartime 8x57 rifle and MG ammunition around, than I do the 9mm. I would be more inclined to keep due to the collectability than to shoot any of it.
 
Yea Im going to keep it as is, unfired! If I decide to let the pistol go I suppose I would throw in the ammo. What does a German P.38 go for these days? its an AC44 with one matching waff magazine. The pistol is all matching and in decent shape, the barell is dark but has strong rifling. I only have 5 rounds of this stuff
 
i shot nazi 9mm luger in a luger...loved the nastalgic feel...2 out of 40 rounds failed to fire, but fired after the second strike...amazing
 
Just out of curiosity, anyone have any of the WWII 9mm with the sintered metal bullets? I have heard of them but never seen one.
 
Back
Top Bottom