Need a hand locating Colt SAA 2nd Gen parts...

Colt parts

Hi,

Peacemaker specialists might be able to help you out:

http://www.peacemakerspecialists.com/barcyl.html

They don't list prices - you will have to call them. I haven't ever dealt with them - so can't speak for their honesty.

US Firearms Manufacturing also sell parts - I THINK that they are interchangeable with the SAA - but you will have to check - again - fairly pricey:

http://www.usfirearms.com/shop/category.asp

Again - I haven't dealt with these folks - so can't vouch for them.

Good luck with your hunt.

Rick
 
Theses guys are good and ship to canada www.coltparts.com will set ya up with a good brand New cylinder but your lookin at $270 US with the bushing.
I got mine from them.
Deans a good guy to deal with he got me and over sized cylinder pin to which tightened up my gun nice.
As far as a 44 cal barrel im not sure if they got any but ask they aint cheep either.

Ya need a barrel with 20 TPI for any Antique SAA colt.
 
Ya need a barrel with 20 TPI for any Antique SAA colt.

Do newer Colt SAA have this thread? What about other manufactures of SAA type revolvers?

Another question: Would a blackpowder frame be okay to shoot factory (or light reloads) .38spl with a newer .38spl cylinder & barrel?
 
Last edited:
Peacemaker specialists might be able to help you out:

http://www.peacemakerspecialists.com/barcyl.html

They don't list prices - you will have to call them. I haven't ever dealt with them - so can't speak for their honesty.

Pretty cool to deal with, knowledgeable. Good parts with correct threads, etc for 1st Gen Colts.

US Firearms Manufacturing also sell parts - I THINK that they are interchangeable with the SAA - but you will have to check - again - fairly pricey:

http://www.usfirearms.com/shop/category.asp

Again - I haven't dealt with these folks - so can't vouch for them.

Okay to deal with. They list Fedex shipping on their site but my orders were shipped by regular post, thankfully. Alot of the parts are NOT interchangeable, at least with 1st Gen Colt SAA, so be aware. Some threads are incorrect, trigger is a bit too large...I think alot of their parts are taylored to their guns as opposed to Colts in particular.
 
Back
Top Bottom