I just got a Canadian CM Peabody rifle.
This is the 1866 Fenian Raid era rifle that Canada ordered 5000 of and took delivery of 3000 of them.
Not too bad but it is missing the upper of 3 bands. This is a screw retained band, not one of the spring retained ones.
Does anyone have the ability to make me a band? (or have one around or one that would work?)
Or can anyone suggest something that would fit fairly close and work?
Or could you suggest someone who could make me one?
I could possibly borrow one to copy if I ask nice.
Snider Enfield in .577 would be too big, the Peabody is in .50 calibre.
This is the 1866 Fenian Raid era rifle that Canada ordered 5000 of and took delivery of 3000 of them.
Not too bad but it is missing the upper of 3 bands. This is a screw retained band, not one of the spring retained ones.
Does anyone have the ability to make me a band? (or have one around or one that would work?)
Or can anyone suggest something that would fit fairly close and work?
Or could you suggest someone who could make me one?
I could possibly borrow one to copy if I ask nice.
Snider Enfield in .577 would be too big, the Peabody is in .50 calibre.
Last edited:


















































