NEED EXPERT OPINION on a H. Egg Pall mall London caplock double barrel shotgun.

Ke56y

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I just got a double barrel caplock shotgun and would like to know more about it. It has H. Egg Pall mall London stamped in between the barrels, a gold shield on the bottom of the stock and some very nice engraving work etched on it. I did some research on it but would like a more expert opinion on it. Thanks.
 
It would be a lot easier if you posted a photo. I believe there were 2 H Eggs; son and grandson of Durs Egg. I have a double in 9 guage and the locks are spectacular inside, in their workmanship.

cheers mooncoon
 
Doublegun.com may be a useful source to research your gun's history. Plenty of expert opinions to be found on the forum. Another excellent source would be Nick Makinson. Nick is a Birmingham-trained Gunmaker, who could likely answer many of your questions, including value. To contact Nick: e-mail: barbmakinson@rogers.com. Or call: 1 519 471 5462.
 
Back
Top Bottom