Need help, advice sighting in

damullet

CGN Regular
Rating - 98.8%
236   3   9
Location
New-Bunswick
Hello

I just got back from the range with my brand new cva wolf .50cal rifle.
Shooting at 75 yrds,
I shot 3 shots with 280grn saboted bullets and 90 grns of ff black powder.

They all hit about 18in high.

I then shot 3 with 120 grns of powder, they hit about a foot high.

Then 3 with 135 grns of powder they were hitting about 8in high.

The bottom sight is bottomed out.

Any suggestions? Maybe build the front sight up?
 
It would be unusual for a factory rifle to shoot that high. The only mechanical way to bring the point of aim down is to change the front sight to a higher one. With using the high amount of powder I can't see that it would shoot any different at 100 yards. One answer would be to put a scope on it.
 
My CVA was quite light, and would print high if I didn't make a concerted effort to control the fore stock to limit muzzle jump. If routinely prints reliable groups , scope it and enjoy.
 
Back
Top Bottom