Need help I.Ding ammo.

Lakonian

Regular
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I have a box of MFS 7.62x39 123gr lead core sitting here, and I'm wondering weather or not it's housing corrosive rounds. The casings are steel, and there's a red sealant around the primers... Don't know if that helps.

The box is small and white, with a blue stamp reading "04 05" on the bottom.

Thanks in advance...
 
yes, that would be 41 (plant) over 87 (year). Likely corrosive, although I have heard of batches of NC. Are you sure it is 41, not 21? 21 is the MFS plant, and 41 would be a new one to me.
 
yes, that would be 41 (plant) over 87 (year). Likely corrosive, although I have heard of batches of NC. Are you sure it is 41, not 21? 21 is the MFS plant, and 41 would be a new one to me.

You're right, it's 21-87.

Is there anything that would identify them as corrosive? I was told they were non-corrosive by the person who gave them to me a long while back. Curiosity has finally bitten me. :p
 
Pull a bullet, dump powder, fire primer against a clean dry steel surface, wait for rust. That is the basic test for corrosive primers.
 
Back
Top Bottom