Need Help Identifying this 7.62 Ammo!

Fire Ant

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
597   0   1
Location
Vancouver
A friend inherited some ammo recently and passed it on to me as he does not shoot rifles. It looks possibly like surplus ammo but I was wondering if anyone knows what type or manufacture. I am not too familiar with surplus and there is no name on the headstamp or box. I'm wondering if it's corrosive. Looks like this:

P1040728.jpg


Headstamps...

P1040733.jpg


P1040734.jpg
 
R is the standard SA letter, like C in Canada or M in the USA. Their .303 Brit was corrosive. I've seen both sides, that their 7.62mm NATO is non-corrosive but others saying that it is. I'll keep digging.

When in doubt...
 
South African. I still have some of that stuff. Good ammo and accurate IMO. Capable of shooting a 5 shot cloverleaf at 100 m out of my Tikka T3 with a 4X scope. Wish it was still around at the price I paid. Dont think it's corrosive, never cleaned as such.
 
Back
Top Bottom