Need Help Knowing If this Ammo is Worth Keeping For Reloading

ki11ercane

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
Rating - 95.8%
366   16   1
Location
Winterpeg
Bought some of this ammo a while back.

Winchester .308/7.61X51mm

308W
1982
O O

Those are the markings on the head.

Want to know if it can be reloaded or should it be left behind at the range.

box.jpg


bullet.jpg


head.jpg
 
Why wouldn't you reload it? .308 brass is .308 brass.
If you're worried about firing it first, pull the bullets and dump the powder.

'course, if you don't want it I'll take it off your hands.
 
Yeah, if it's berdan it's a pain to reload, but you can drive a decapper/sizer (old spare obviously) through to make it boxer.
Personally I've never bothered, but it can be done.
 
it's a corrosive Czech ammo made by Sellier & Bellot. It sells for about 0.50 U$ a round in the USA.
 
Why wouldn't you reload it? .308 brass is .308 brass.
If you're worried about firing it first, pull the bullets and dump the powder.

'course, if you don't want it I'll take it off your hands.

I have SA ammo that I was told could not be reloaded, so this is why I asked.
 
Berdan primed brass can be reloaded if you have primers and an RCBS Berdan decapper, but it isn't really economical if Boxer primed brass is readily available.
 
Back
Top Bottom