Need help or gunsmith recommendation, troubles with old dutch revolver

Milspectacles

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Location
Central Alberta
So I recently acquired an older Dutch revolver, it is the smaller officer variant or the 1873 "Old Model" army revolver in 9.4mm. The revolver has some timing problems, the cylinder hammer and trigger will lock up and the revolver will seize up. If I take out the cylinder the revolver will function, if I take off the sideplate and reinstall the cylinder/basepin the revolver will #### and the trigger works in both SA/DA but the timing is a bit off and it will seize again if I open the loading gate and try to spin the cylinder. I tried to get good pics but can get better if needed, the cog on the cylinder looks really chewed up compared to the standard Dutch revolver that I have. Anyone able to diagnose or have a simple fix? Alternatively does anyone know a good smith that can handle some of the older obscure revolvers?

Link to pics:
https://imgur.com/a/TR9hqnR
 
Where are you located here in Alberta. I’m good at figuring out the issues in these and can help, however once it’s sorted out you’ll have to hunt down a smith to fix the issue because I don’t work on other people’s pistols.
 
If your ever down Calgary way drop me a pm and I’ll have a look and assess what’s going on. I don’t mind lending my knowledge.
 
Back
Top Bottom