Need help to identify a cast slug!!

icehunter121

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Location
Alberta
Got this mold when I bought a 50 cal percussion last spring.There was no name or markings on the mold. Steel mold blocks and this is what it casts..Any ideas??

castslug001_zpsd5ca55b0.jpg
 
Wholly deep lube grooves batman!? I've never seen a Maxi like that, how accurate are they?

No idea....there was about 100 cast for it when I bought the rifle...seems like they were made out of straight ww material. They went back into the lead pail and I did a few up from pure lead. Havent shot any yet...winter time is to cold in AB to do a range test!!
 
It is a Thompson Center Maxi-ball. No patch required - just lube it and shoot. They shoot quite accurately but are a bit hard to load.
 
It is a Thompson Center Maxi-ball. No patch required - just lube it and shoot. They shoot quite accurately but are a bit hard to load.
Cast with pure lead the will load pretty easy, but WW are not so easy to load. I find they are accurate from my guns too. They are the TC maxi .
 
Back
Top Bottom