Need help with Ruger 77/50 ML?

eschafer

Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just purchased a like new Ruger 77/50 ML... Seems the proprietary Ruger rings were misplaced and didn't come with the loader... I want to go out and get 1" (high) rings to mount my Leupold VX-II 1-4x20 but don't know what to get... The little I know of Rugers suggests that the rings are slightly different heights (with the rear ring as the higher of the two)... If this is the case, can I buy rings by a different company (Leupold, Weaver, Burris etc) or must I buy Ruger rings? Which rings do I get be it Ruger rings or another manufacturer? Any help ia appreciated as I'm not only new to BP but quite new to firearms, in general... Thanks eschafer..
 
Due to their size you must buy Ruger rings for this rifle. I bought a pair of used rings for mine recently for $40.00. A new set will be in the $80.00 range. I would buy a set of Ruger rings for it and have it done correctly. Buy the lowest rings you can get to work with your scope. I just bought what I could find and am very happy with the way the scopes sits down close to the barrel. Mine is the Officers Model R77/50 and was not fired before I bought it. The slimeball that I bought it from sent it without the rings as were pictured with the rifle when I bought it. It is possible that your rings were sold seperately as they are worth quite a lot by themselves. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom