Need powder

vega

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Location
BC Interior
Hey Fellers, I may have broached this subject a few months ago but if I did I've forgotten the advice I may have received.

I live about a hour and a half from Kamloops, B.C. and I want to buy one to five pounds of black powder. Anyone advise me on how I might accomplish this grail search without driving for several days or spending my daughter's inheritance?

Cheers.
 
theres a powder importer in BC order it :) that company sells not just goex but blasting grade powder and firework powder

mcleods blasting supplies thats the company

look at your local gun shops theres some that mite have it
 
Yep guys, both the powder keg and wholesale sports basically laughed. Seems nobody has it and never will according to those two places. Mark says they just can't get it, ww has no interest in it or MLing at all. For cartridges and percussion I can live with 777 but the flinter I have coming is going to need real black powder. I'd really like to get hold of at least five pounds of 3f but even one is better than nothing.

For you hard core guys, re other supplies do you all go thru Track or is there anybody in Canada that has good stuff for the traditional muzzle loading shooter? I tried loyalist but was greatly underwhelmed.
 
Yep guys, both the powder keg and wholesale sports basically laughed. Seems nobody has it and never will according to those two places. Mark says they just can't get it, ww has no interest in it or MLing at all. For cartridges and percussion I can live with 777 but the flinter I have coming is going to need real black powder. I'd really like to get hold of at least five pounds of 3f but even one is better than nothing.

For you hard core guys, re other supplies do you all go thru Track or is there anybody in Canada that has good stuff for the traditional muzzle loading shooter? I tried loyalist but was greatly underwhelmed.

i get mine at ellwood epps here in ontario i order it in 15lb lots that way i have it for a good long time and the hazmat fee is worth it
 
Call Larry Campanero in Revelstoke (Leprachaun supplies) he has powder, flints, caps , anything you need.
Check out the Heffley Creek shoot in Aug. Give you a chance to try out your flinter, or pick up supplies, usually all kinds of gear for sale there.
http://bcrendezvous.com/

Cheers nessy.
 
I have several pounds for sale of Goex FFFg. I'm in the lower mainland, not sure what shipping would cost or who to even use though.
 
black powder

i usually keep 25 # in reserve so could let you have some . how do we ship it?let me know if you have a contact in the lower mainland and i can get it there fairly soon . regards, bill
 
Wow guys, thanks very much for the great offers. I'll contact Bill first as he helped me out with a bit of 'smithing and I'm doing a job for him in return. If that doesn't wash, I'll call you .41. Will also check out the Leprechaun outfit.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
j

Ps. Shall have to look into the shipping angle. Any of you know who'll do that and if it is anywhere near affordable? Will also try to drop by Hefley this year, finally.
 
UPS may only charge an additional $25 for dangerous good (in the US at least) and DHL is $30 more.
 
Back
Top Bottom