Need some percussion lock work done

firstson

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
52   0   1
I need a source to get an antique lock worked on. It will #### and when the set trigger is pulled to set the front trigger , the front trigger will only allow the hammer to drop to the safety instead of falling all the way to the nipple. Need someone with skill to repair it.
Stace
 
That malfunction is usually due to the "Fly" being lost or broken from the tumbler. In such a case, the sear will usually hang up in the half-#### notch regardless of whether the front trigger alone is pulled or the rear trigger is used to set the front trigger for the normal set-trigger firing sequence...
 
Hi Stace

What part of the country are you located?

Brian

Brian
I am in N.W. Ontario I am willing to ship the stock with the trigger and the lock if I can find some one to fix it. May take the bad nipple and the part it attaches to and have someone who can change that out as I do not know what threads where used way back when. Just so I can keep the old bad nipple should I ever decide to part with the rifle.
Stace
 
Peter works mostly on CAS and modern firearms. Knowing both personally, I would recommend Doug aka Ol'Flinter. His specialty is muzzleloaders. He builds them from scratch as well as makes repairs. He is post #3 above.
 
If it's a TC ,call them and they may send you the free parts.They did for me on two Hawkens the previous owner had been dry firing........Harold
 
Back
Top Bottom