Need some Traditions Vortek between shots cleaning advise.

czscotia

Regular
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Grand Prairie
Hey,
I was sighting in a new Vortek inline ML and I see that
I need to clean between shots as the saboted bullet got harder and harder to seat - last 2 inches or so was worst.

also when I cleaned it, the firing area was very hard to get deposits off of.
what do you reccommend to clean with between shots? was using Pyrodex, but plan to try
Black as well.
Thanks
 
Between shots, run a patch or two that is damp with windex, then a follow up swab dry patch. That will clear up both the snudge in the barrel, and remedy that crud ring. That's my routine.

Cheers, hakx
 
run a patch or two that is damp with [home made solution ] 50% gas line antifreeze and 50% windshield winter liquid ..i mix both together in a plastic container and use that to get rid of the crude ring ..i don't use PYRODEX powder anymore [hate the smell of rotten eggs] i now use T7 pellets ...
 
Back
Top Bottom